...and his girl left behind. Justin Chambers is going to Antarctica as a chef, and leaving behind all that is normal, for a whole year. Together, but apart, we will document our experiences (well, he'll give me the info verbally and I will turn that in to a blog post!!) as we live in two quite different worlds for those 12 months.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just because I can


All fresh and new
 
...Mr Bear had a haircut yesterday and I decided, finally, to take a photo while he was fresh off the press and still looked and smelled like a designer dog.  Trust me, it doesn't ever last long!

If you are wondering if one ear is longer than the other... it is.  I turned up early to pick him up (wrong, wrong, wrong!) and poor Julie had to battle with him wriggling around and whining for about 10 minutes while she desperately tried to finish the job and I hid hoping that he would forget that he had seen me.  Sorry Julie!!

Onboard the Aurora Australis it is Trivia night... with pizza and beer!  The ship is dry apart from organised social events and then everyone is entitled to only 3 drinks, I believe.  The clocks go back another hour tonight as they get further away from Australia.  They will end up 5 hours behind by the time they reach base.


POSITION:  55° 19' S, 113° 25' E

Distance travelled last 24 hours:  224.5 nautical miles

Air Temperature:  0 deg c

Sea temperature:  1.9 deg c

Speed:  7 knots

No ice has been spotted yet but rumour has it that once they reach ice, the weather and conditions will improve dramatically.  Good news.


No comments:

Post a Comment