...and his girl left behind. Justin Chambers is going to Antarctica as a chef, and leaving behind all that is normal, for a whole year. Together, but apart, we will document our experiences (well, he'll give me the info verbally and I will turn that in to a blog post!!) as we live in two quite different worlds for those 12 months.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Filling my time

So far I am doing well filling my time and in fact am now way behind in pretty much every aspect of my life. Not least because I spent a day in hospital yesterday after having a laparoscopy. Never having been in hospital before, and receiving no warning as to the effect of the anaesthetic or morphine, you can imagine my surprise when I felt as rough as I did and spent the day vomiting every ml of liquid that I managed to get in. I was in surgery by 8.30am (they gave me something to 'relax' and I didn't even see the operating theatre doors!) and left the hospital after 4pm, vomiting in the car on the way home. Today I feel a little like a car has hit me in the stomach but thankfully the pain in my shoulder caused by the trapped gases has eased.
While I was finding it difficult to move, Justin aced his forklift training and testing... congratulations! He says it is because he studied. Clearly the point when they train you and then test you dear. We'll wait and see what he does with the hairdressing training!

No comments:

Post a Comment