...and his girl left behind. Justin Chambers is going to Antarctica as a chef, and leaving behind all that is normal, for a whole year. Together, but apart, we will document our experiences (well, he'll give me the info verbally and I will turn that in to a blog post!!) as we live in two quite different worlds for those 12 months.

Monday, November 15, 2010

There's something so beautiful about the small things

"G'day dear....

Well it was nice to talk to you yesterday. How is the head today?  We are currently making our way through silky 'grease ice' and large icebergs. It's all very nice.  Do a google on grease ice ......... as our wake passes over the surface, water is pushed out over the top like spilling coffee on a table.  For only a couple of seconds it remains separate from the sea.......then it slowly combines with the grease ice and warms up a little to become water again. All very beautiful and new to me...............I suppose I'm in for a few eye openers down here.

A few of the guys eat their eggs on crumpets...............I might try it tomorrow. I understand the doughy texture and flavors would only enhance the egg taste. I'll tell you all about it.

I've made it through to the finals of the darts.................OMG.  I've played better than I've ever done before................more focussed, a lot more focussed. There were a few sharks that didn't enter the comp ...............so the results thus far are not a reflection of the quality onboard.  I'll keep you posted, its now a best of three for the win.

I cut some of the expeditioners' hair yesterday ...............did a good job and managed to get a kitkat out of it for payment from one. I'm not sure where the chocolate bar came from as they are not readily available on the ship......................but boy did it go down well in my cabin whilst I was editing a photo for the picture comp and listening to music. I felt like one of the boys on the roof in "Shawshank redemption"...........

I'm already feeling the small things will be very special things soon.

Fisia Fears (Mr Bear)...................cute little bugger!!!! Give him a big kiss from me but tell him it's from you.  A couple of nice pats and a comb for my favorite moggy.  And finally kisses for you my honey.  XXXXXOOOOO"

If you have any questions for Justin, he would be happy to answer them for you. Just send as a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Justin, good to hear from you. It;s been years since I last saw you...
    I really enjoy reading you and Jo, what an adventure you are living. It really sounds like a totally amazing experience. I trust that you are enjoying every moment of it. I do realize that you had to make some sacrifices but you had to do it!! Only few people are given a chance like this.
    I completely know what you mean about the small things, I remember that feeling when I was on the road... It keeps you down to earth, and that's important.
    Well, I can't wait to hear more from you..
    Take good care.

    French Franck.

    ReplyDelete